Fabrice Clement : "We imagine this feat."01 mar 2016
- Granville is the second club from the English Channel region after Cherbourg to reach the quarter-finals of the Coupe de France. How has this event been for you so far?
"Very intense. We had a first organization phase and needed to find a stadium to host the quarter-finals. This is a tidal wave here in Normandy, it's phenomenal. We're in the final sprint and in the last step of organizing. There is also a sports preparation for the team."
- Granville nonetheless has exceptional mental resources…
"Against Bourg-en-Bresse, we expected to suffer physically. And in the end, no, we found some more energy during overtime. The players went in for the win and the qualification."
- Is giving so many fans in the Michel d’Ornano Stadium a kind of first victory feeling already?
"We had trouble believing it, and we were asking ourselves some questions. The real surprise is that we sold everything in 8 hours. The first customers were already waiting at 5 A.M. for the doors to open at 10 A.M. It was impressive."
- Sports-wise, do the players believe that they can win this?
"Of course they do, otherwise we would not be playing. At the end of the game, there will be one team eliminated, and one qualified. That's the Coupe de France. We would be disrespecting OM and the Coupe de France if we didn't believe in it."
- You are still in the running for the promotion to CFA. Is this the real goal?
"Yes, clearly the team's promotion is the real goal. Everything else is just a bonus. We will play against a professional team. We hope that our players won't look at the stands too much, with all these people. We want it to be a party around here, and our promotion remains a priority."
- Was it important for Clément Daoudou to give the kick-off?
"He's started training again and is doing very well. He has to keep up his athletic performance. He had an amazing game against Bourg-en-Bresse. It's a way to get him to participate. He accepted. We are delighted that he is giving the kick-off. They prevented him from playing the game of his life, but he will be with us anyway."