En route to a record season06 feb 2018
Sitting in 2 nd position in the table after-Matchday 24 of the 2017-18 Ligue 1 season Conforama, Olympians-have 51 points (15 wins, 6 draws and 3 defeats). OM is on pace with some of its best seasons in history:
- 1998-99 ( 18 clubs competing in Ligue 1 ): The Olympians were 2nd place after Matchday 24 with 15 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses, eventually finishing the campaign in 2nd with 71 points (21 wins, 8 draws and 5 defeats ).
- 1990-91: OM was 1st at the Matchday 24 with 16 wins, 3 draws and 5 defeats, and later champion at the conclusion of the year with 77 points * (22 wins, 11 draws and 5 defeats).
- The Olympians overall record this season is better after Matchday 24 than it was in the 1991-92 season (1st place with 49 points * - 13 wins, 10 draws and 1 defeat) and in the 1971-72 season (1st place with 50 points * - 15 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats). OM raises the trophy at the end of the campaign.
- From Matchday 1 to 24, Rudi Garcia's points total is as good as Rolland Courbis' total in 1998-99 and all other coaches over the last 50 years.
* These seasons are awarded two points for a victory. To perform these comparisons, an additional point has been added to each victory during this period.