Head-to-Head | St Etienne vs. Les Olympiensthu 08 feb at 03:39
Ahead of Friday's massive Ligue 1 Conforama match between St Etienne and Marseille, make sure to check out Opta's match facts.
- Les Olympiens have dominated the last 20 meetings between the clubs, winning 11, drawing 8 times and losing just once (18 May, 2013 - 2-0).
- OM have scored 2 or more goals in 5 of their last 7 Ligue 1 matches against St Etienne.
- Marseille have kept clean sheets in 4 times of their last 5 Ligue 1 matches against St Etienne.
- OM have 51 points after Matchday 24 in Ligue 1, matching their record point total since L1 converted to awarding 3 points for a victory. Those marks were set in the 1991-92 and 1998-99 seasons (OM finished 1st in 1991-92, and in second in1998-99).
- Marseille have lost only one of their last 19 Ligue 1 matches (13 wins, 5 draws). Marseille have lost only one of their last 10 away matches in Ligue 1 (6 wins, 3 draws).
- St Etienne's Neven Subotic will face OM for the 3rd time in his career. He previously crossed paths in the Champions League with Dortmund on 28 September 2011 at the Orange Velodrome (0-3) and on October 1, 2013 at Signal Iduna Park (3-0).
- Florian Thauvin is one of just 3 players to score at least 10 goals and have at least 10 assists in the 5 major European leagues this season (13/10). The others are Neymar (18/11) and Lionel Messi (20/10).
- Florian Thauvin provided assists on 2 of OM's last 3 goals against St Etienne in L1. He has been involved in 21 goals through his last 19 matches Ligue 1 (12 goals, 9 assists).
- Dimitri Payet has been involved in 6 goals in the last 6 L1 matches (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Valère Germain scored 2 of Marseille's last 3 goals against St Etienne in Ligue 1. He was a scorer and provided an assist in the same match of L1 2 times in his last 5 games (vs. Rennes and Metz).
- Rudi Garcia previously led St Etienne for 12 matches (in partnership with JeanGuy Wallemme) in 2001. He finished with 2 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses.