Olympien substitutes make massive impactfri 16 mar at 22:19
Last Sunday in Toulouse, the Olympien bench played a decisive role thanks to Dimitri Payet’s assist and Kostas Mitroglou’s game-winning goal. Both were substitutions. It was the ninth time that an element from the bench scored after coming into play. Five Olympiens have subbed in and later scored:
- Clinton Njie : OM 3-0 Dijon (2 goals) and OM 2-0 Strasbourg
- Lucas Ocampos : Nantes 0-1 OM and OM 3-0 Saint-Etienne
- Kostas Mitroglou : OM 6-3 Metz and Toulouse 1-2 OM
- Dimitri Payet : OM 2-0 Strasbourg
- Rémy Cabella : Monaco 6-1 OM
The Marseille bench has scored nine of the 59 goals registered by OM in Ligue 1, or 15.9%. It is the most prolific group of replacements in Ligue 1. On the continental stage, OM are among the top three best sides, behind Manchester United (10 goals scored by substitutes on 58 total or 17.2%) and Real Betis (9 goals out of 46, or 15.3%).